Centre Island is between Hanlan's Point and Ward's Island. A carriage route along the peninsula connecting the mainland to Gibraltar Point Lighthouse later evolved into Lake Shore Avenue, the main east-west axis along Centre Island. By the late 1800's, many of Toronto's wealthiest families built beautiful Victorian summer homes along Lake Shore Avenue, east from Manitou Road to Ward's Island. In 1884, construction of an Anglican church, St. Andrew-by-the-Lake, was directed by Archbishop Sweatman. Four years later Island Park was established on land previously occupied by the Mead Hotel, and has continued to offer an impressive panoramic view of downtown Toronto ever since. Read more about Toronto Islands

Special Features
BLUE FLAG BEACH - Centre Island Beach typically achieves annual blue flag certification. This international eco-label is awarded to beaches that meet high water quality, environmental and safety standards.
WILDLIFE - The Toronto Islands are listed as one of the top 13 spots to see birds in Toronto in the City's Birds of Toronto Biodiversity Series booklet, and are known as a good spot for fishing.

There are
- 1.11 km from Island Filtration Plant to boardwalk - 1.68 km from boardwalk to Ward's Island Ferry Dock - 0.76 km from Centre Island Ferry Dock to Lookout Pier