Skip to content
- Keep cats indoors. Outdoor cats can become lost, fight with other cats or be killed by cars or predators. Ask your veterinarian about how to transition your outdoor cat inside.
- The Animals Bylaw prohibits cat owners from allowing their cats to cause damage or nuisance to a neighbouring property.
- Spaying or neutering your cat prevents unwanted litters of kittens and keeps them healthy. Our SNYP truck provides spay and neuter services for dog and cat owners in low income households, who may not be able to afford traditional veterinarians.
- Your cat (even if it is an indoor cat) must be licensed and wear a tag. The licence must be renewed every year.
- Come to the Chip Truck for a microchip and licence.
- Adopt a cat at one of our shelters.
- You can surrender an animal at any of our shelters, regardless of where you live in Toronto.