How to Run Your Own Business
Looking to develop your businesses idea or growth plan? This sector-agnostic training program is designed to help entrepreneurs who are ready to take their business idea or existing business to the next level.
Upon completion of the training program and their business plan, clients qualify for the Starter Company Plus – Small Business grant.
Cost: $299 plus HST
The 10-session training program is a step-by-step course for those who want to learn more than just how to complete a business plan. It’s about learning how to effectively use a plan too. Topics covered:
- How to develop a business model and plan
- How to do market research
- How to prepare a marketing plan
- Low cost, no cost marketing tools
- How to market your business online
- How to keep books and basic bookkeeping
- How to prepare a profit and loss statement
- How to calculate your break-even point
- How to prepare a cash flow forecast
- How to analyze a balance sheet
- Legal requirements for small business
- Costing and pricing your product or service
- Time management tips and tools
- Sales skills and customers service
- How to apply for a business loan
- How to use systems to improve your management
- How to keep yourself motivated and disciplined
- What it takes to become a successful business
- How to work smarter, not harder
- How to manage your employees
Clients will have access to a comprehensive Small Business Training Manual, business tools and templates.
Clients receive one-on-one business advisory support during and after their completion of the program.
Clients will be connected with mentors who will provide coaching and insights into their business plans.
StarterSpace @North York
Clients are able to work from Enterprise Toronto’s office at the North York Civic Centre – StarterSpace @North York. Access includes touchdown office space provided on a first-come-first-served basis during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), WiFi, and boardrooms that can be booked for meetings.
Andrew Patricio is the founder and owner of Bizlaunch, a company that trains, advises and mentors entrepreneurs in Canada and around the world.