Energy Retrofit Loans
Your Toronto community-based organization or not-for-profit could be eligible for a low-interest loan to support up to 100% of your energy retrofit project costs. Take a holistic approach to your retrofit and increase the scope of your energy saving or greenhouse gas emissions reduction project! To learn more, discuss eligibility or apply for a loan contact Grant Kozlik.
Typical Retrofit Measures
- Lighting retrofits
- Equipment replacement including chillers and HVAC
- Building envelope improvements
- Building automation systems and controls
- Renewable energy projects
- Energy storage
- Others measures/technologies on case-by-case basis
- Projects in the initial planning stages may be required to complete a basic Intent to Apply form to do a preliminary assessment of the proposed project and determine eligibility.
- Eligible participants will be sent a guide outlining the detailed application submission requirements which includes:
- a project summary
- information about your organization
- a feasibility or engineering study describing the technical and financial details of the proposed project
- a project management plan
- After providing all of the required information our team will review the application to verify that the project meets the City’s technical and financial requirements for lending. This includes evaluating the proposed energy savings, greenhouse gas emission reductions as well as financial analysis of the projects potential payback period.
Projects must meet technical and financial requirements prior to being approved for a loan through the City’s Sustainable Energy Plan Financing during the annual capital budget process. Approved projects will receive a fixed rate loan at the City’s cost of borrowing for projects with paybacks up to 20 years.