- Toronto has 82 BIAs that are a dynamic and influential part of the city’s economic and cultural fabric.
- BIA members employ more than 400,000 people in full-time and part-time positions.
- Over 7.4 million people attend the more than 160 community events and street festivals supported and produced by BIAs throughout the year.
- For every public dollar the City invests in BIAs, $10 in private sector funding for marketing, promotion, festivals and neighbourhood beautification projects is generated.
- The world’s first BIA was started in Toronto in 1970. Since then, this innovative public-private business partnership model has been copied internationally. Toronto continues to have the largest number of BIAs of any urban centre in the world.
See map showing the locations of BIAs in Toronto.